The Advanced Practitioner Award is for people who have a detailed working knowledge of an agile approach to delivery and can demonstrate how they engaged with and learned from that approach in a real-world environment.
On successful completion of the award you’ll be able to:
• Explain the fundamentals of the delivery approach you used
• Explain the roles in the delivery approach you used
• Explain planning in the delivery approach you used
• Explain estimating in the delivery approach you used
• Apply issue resolution to a particular scenario
• Apply prioritisation to a particular scenario
• Apply timeboxing to a particular scenario
• Evaluate the need for a particular approach to working
• Evaluate the need for different levels of empowerment within different scenarios
• Evaluate your approach to working
• Evaluate and act on your development needs
You’ll be required to submit a 5000 to 7000 word synopsis that provides an overview of your experience working within an agile approach to delivery and outlines what you contributed and how you fulfilled your role. Suggestions should also be made about what could have been done differently, along with a plan related to your development needs.
On successful completion of the synopsis, you’ll be invited to an oral examination lasting 45-60 minutes, to confirm your knowledge and experience of working within the agile approach to delivery. This will be from both a theoretical and a practical perspective coupled with questions related to the content of your synopsis.
The Advanced Practitioner Award is intended for people who have had experience working with an agile approach to delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Project Managers, and Developers. Those with experience of agile delivery in a non-IT environment are actively encouraged to apply.
You’ll need a minimum of six months’ experience working with an agile approach to delivery to be considered for this award.